Thursday, June 11, 2009

21 Left in HORSE

I have so much to write about today, but its late and Im exhausted and have to get up early. Anyway, a quick recap of the day, and I will detail the sickest hand I have ever been involved in. I start at the sickest table for a HORSE event. I have Doyle Brunson, Jennifer Harmon, David Singer, Keith Sexton, Zac Fellows (online star), and couple other decent players. Doyle, Jennifer and Keith get eliminated and we get prob better players in to replace them in Matt Glantz, Chau Gaing, and Greg Macio.....anyway Zac is on my immediate left and he is torturing me. He beats me and the rest of the table in every pot. My chips are fairly consistant, I had some swings but nothing huge. I feel I played pretty well. I definately made a few mistakes in the games Im not as good at, but I think I made up for it with good limit tourney strategy. I was aggressive at the right times and picked up a lot of dead money which kinda covered up any small mistakes I made.

I have a lot I could talk about, but I want to detail this hand and go to sleep. First, the floor announces to stop dealing and we are redrawing for tables, but our dealer already started shuffling so we had to play it. The game we are playing is called Stud 8. This game is a split pot game. Half the pot goes to the player making the best hi hand and half the pot goes to the player making the best low hand, but the player winning the low must have 5 cards below an 8 in their hand. It sounds complex, but its not. Anyway in this game you really want low cards that can make a straight or flush so you can win both. Ok so Dan Shak is getting low he raises to 6k, I have a 3 up and an A and 4 in the hole. This is a very good hand I reraise it to 12k, Zac then makes it 18k with a K up and Dan makes it 24k with his Ten up and I call and Zac makes it 30k and Dan is all in and I call. So we all have 30k in the pot each and Zac has a K up (looks like he has KK in the hole to me) I have A43, and Dan has a T up. I catch a 5 and Zac a J Dan is all in he gets a 2. Zac bets I call. My hand now has A435 and I need a 2 to prob win it all or a 678 in one of the next 3 cards to get half. My last 3 cards are 99J. So I miss everything and fold (Zac bets every street). Zac turns up the QT in the hole! He went 5 bets with KQT in Stud 8.....Most people wouldnt put in 1 bet. That hand is horrible.......Anyway, here is the catch.....He thought we were playing Stud Hi Only! So, its like a million to 1 for him to not know what game we are playing.....him to go bonkers with KQT in any stud game.....for him to make a straight.....for me to miss 3 consecutive shots at half the pot......This pot ends up costing me 60k and the pot size was about 170k! This pot was a joke and Im down to 60k after it.

Well at my new table I win a couple of small pots and end the day at 132k. There are 21 left and we resume at 1pm tomorrow. We will play down to a winner and hopefully it will be yours truly.....anyway, I need a little sleep, Im real excited about this opportunity, hope I catch the deck tomorrow!

Thanks
DB