Saturday, June 6, 2009

Movin on to Day 2

First off what an amazing start to the WSOP for my friends. I dont even have that many, thats the amazing thing. Anyway, one of my best friends and housemate Cornel Andrew Cimpan finished 4th in the PLH/PLO event that concluded on Friday. Tomorrow, another one of my really good friends Mike Carlson goes for a win in the 2000 NL event that started on Thursday. Mike goes in as one of the top couple in chips and there are 27 left. Mike is a super guy and one of my favorite people I have had the pleasure of meeting out here on tour. Best of Luck Mike, I will be sweating you tomorrow.

On to my day. I am still alive in the 2500 6 max limit event. This is a super fun event. The action is fast and furious and its the closest thing to what I normally play. This is the first tournament of this kind in the history of the WSOP and judging by the comments they may add more. Everyone loved it. My day got off to a great start as I was dominating the table the first hour. Then for 3 hours I kept losing when I was a favorite to win. This is very very irratating. I got all the way down to 3k then doubled up and then won 3 big pots in a 5 minute time frame and went from 3k to 22k. I was rolling they break the table and I move twice and get up to 40k and Im right where I need to be. I then proceed to lose most pots I put alot of money in with and most of the big ones on the river. Barry Schulman, president of cardplayer, beat me in 2 big pots once on the turn and once on the river. It was a little payback I guess for a hand I beat him out of. Anyway, I went from 40k all the way down to 17,600.

I will start day 2 at 2:00 with my 17,600. Its below average, but I know how fast these chips grow. I feel great about everything and cant wait to get back in tomorrow and kick some ass. My best friend, Ray Henson, has about 47k in this same event so good luck to him, hopefully we will meet far down the line at the final table.

Talk to everyone tomorrow.