Friday, June 5, 2009

Friends Everywhere

Well even though I havent gotten off to a huge start, my friends sure have. Its real early and I have only played 3 events so I am not at all discouraged. My housemate and one of my best friends Cornel Andrew Cimpan is in the final 18 of the PLH/PLO tourney that concludes on Friday. He is a little below avg chips, but at the LAPC he was dead last with 20 left and won that for 1.7 million, so a short stack doesnt deter him. I had another friend John Monette come in 2nd to Phil Ivey in the 2 7 no limit event that concluded yesterday and yet another Brian Mcinnis came in 6th in the 1500 NL that ended on Thurs night.

Friday is an event I feel like I have a great shot at. Six handed limit event 14 is a big oppty being that short handed limit poker is my specialty. Its still a tournament and you need some luck and cards, but I like my chances. This event starts at 5 pacific so the updates will be later than they have been.