Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hilly Road to Nowhere

On Tuesday i played the 1500 NL event. I had the most active bumpy road I can ever remember in the first few levels. Im not going to get into any hands today, but it was a rollercoaster. I played another 6 hours and finally got all in with 55 vs AK and I survived the first 4 cards, but the river card doomed me when the Ace on the river came.

Here is a quick story you would have recevied had you had me as a follower on twitter (audavidb), but Ill share it with all, as it was pretty funny. We are 3 hours into the tourney and the 5 seat has yet to show up. He is being blinded off and the dealer was taking his big chips and putting them in the pot and giving the dead stack all the small change. Well first time ok, he needed some change, but we werent in antes so he didnt need much. Well he did this 3 times and now this guy has like 3000 in 100s and 25s. Well the last time he did it, he made change out of my pot and I told the guy to keep his hands out of my pot. The dealer argues and we went back and forth. Finally this old guy next to stands up and gets in the dealers face and tells him Im right and he needs to shut up. Now the dealer calls the superviser over and tells the superviser that the old man told him to shut up. The superviser looks the dealer in the eyes and says listen to the man! It was great. One of my favorite moments I can remember at a table.

Well after going pretty deep into day 1 all 3 tournies and with the schedule set up to have events I dont like on Wed, I am taking off Wed. I may take off Thursday as I really want to play in the limit 6 handed event on Fri and if I do well thurs I may have to skip it. Im not positive yet, but thats how Im leaning so probably no blog entry for a day or so.

Also, final table today of the 1k Event 4. I have 2 friends at the final table in Danny Fuhs and Steve Sung. Both of these guys are super nice guys and great players. I wish them the best of luck. In the 10k Seven card stud tourney, one of my best friends Greg "FBT" Mueller is down to the final 11, so go get em Greg. Nice to see such good guys and good friends excelling early in the series.

So far for my series, Im 4k in with no cashes, played 19 poker hours, which feels like a lot more as tourney hours are much longer than real hours.

Follow my tournament progress on Twitter, sign on audavidb.

Thanks
DB