Monday, June 1, 2009

Sometimes I Just Suck....

Well today was 1500 Pot Limit Omaha. A fun game I am ok at, but its not my best. Anyway I built up my chips nicely and then from nowhere I just started playing bad....I dont know why, but I got mixed up in a few hands I didnt need to get involved in and I paid the price each time. I lost one key pot that may have had something to do with it, but I dont think so. I end up kind of committing myself with a hand I didnt think was good, but the pot was big so I called and I end up having the best hand he had a straight draw. So we have over 10k in the pot and he hits his straight and beats me. If I win this pot I prob have about 18k. I proceed to play a few hands I prob shouldnt have and didnt lose a lot, but I kept bleeding chips. I then tried a dumb bluff that didnt work.

I then move tables and end up at a tough table. I play a few more hands I shouldnt and lose a few chips then I call the flop with top pr and then the turn I pick up the nut flush draw and I miss and Im real short. I am eliminated a short time later. Anyway, I am disappointed but Im not one of those players that just blames everyone else. If I dont play my best I say so.

So I have played 2 tournaments for total of 2500, I have played a total of 13 hours (8 yest 5 today) for total of 0 dollars. Its really no big deal though its super early and I havent played any event I really care about yet. Tomorrow is a 1500 No Limit event. I call these lottery ticket events and I have my ticket. Hopefully I can make it through the day with some chips as I have no plans to play any of Wednesdays events.

Talk to you soon
DB