Saturday, June 6, 2009

Frustrated

I came back for day 2 of the 2500 6 max limit holdem event. I built up to 40k and was on my way then I lost these hands back to back. Playing 1k 2k, I raise KT and big blind calls flop comes AK7, he chks, I chk.....turn T, he bets I raise, he calls....river is 3 he chks, I bet he calls and has A3. Obviously a horrible play to call my raise with that hand, he is never good there and very rarely even live. Anyway that was a 17k pot. Then little while later this horrible player raises I call the blind with K7c, flop A86r, I chk raise him, as he is prone to have any 2 cards. He calls.....turn J he calls my bet. river is an A and I bet for some reason maybe just hoping he will fold a small pr or KQ or KT if he is terrible enough to have these hands. He calls and has QJo. His flop call is so absolutely horrible and then once he makes the ridiculous call he has to hit the J. Anyway, things continue to go down and I get all the way down to 3800.

I then build back from 3800 to almost 40k then I run into a couple of better hands and these 2 bad players at my table continue to make hands vs me or play there hands in such a way to cost me the max. It was a pretty frustrating end when I busted with A4 of spades on a 34J9 2 spades board. He has qq and I need an A or a 4 or a spade to win and I miss and Im out. I finishd about 55th give or take a few, they pay 36. The only good part is a had a significant last longer bet with a friend of mine and when I had 3800 he had 50k and I won, so I end up making a little money I was a big underdog to get.

I will definately not be playing Sunday and Monday I am leaning towards skipping but not sure yet. Good Luck to Ray Henson who still has a nice stack in this tournament.