Friday, June 12, 2009

Im Sick....and I Love It

Im gonna try to make this short, I am exhausted! Gonna need a day off or two soon. Here is the long and short of my day. We start HORSE at 1 pm, Im 12th in chips. I lose 2 pots and am basically out. I dont do anything wrong in either one and neither do my opponents, I just never hit a card and my opponents did. I fought back from 6k when a friend of mine seated at the table made a bet with another player.....the other guy had to lay him 2k for 200 that I would build my 6k back into at least 100k.....I gave it a good run, I got up over 50k, but I couldnt do anything else, I was out a few hands later in a disappointing 17th place. I played as well as I could in games Im not great at and I think it was a real good showing, I pick up between 8-9k, not sure, I never looked nor have I cashed out yet.

I was going to cash out but I noticed it was 1:57 and you have until 2 to register for the noon event which was a lottery 2500 person 1500 NL event. So since I was prepared to play poker all day, I said what the hell and registered. We start with 4500 and I dominated early. I played so good and was killing them. At dinner I had about 34k and my table was pretty easy. After dinner my table turned into the table from hell. I could never enter a pot without getting reraised. This kid raised to 1600 I reraised to 6500 with AK and he moved all in. This is a really tough spot.....I had 34k behind. If he has AK himself he makes this play and prob QQ maybe JJ. I really felt like he had either QQ or KK. With the table still not as hard as it later got, I decided I could get chips easier than this spot so I folded. At the end of the night he said he had QQ and with all the money in there, I would have called had I known he had QQ. Whatever.....I end the night with 41,400 which is avg and there are 270 left, we just made the money. We start back up at 2.

Now playing a no limit event after 3 days and a disappointing 17th place finish in horse is a little sick, but tomorrows plan is really sick. At noon they have a 1500 Limit Holdem event. This is my best event. I dont feel like anyone in the world has an better edge in this tourney than me. I registered for this tourney. I am gonna play it from noon til 2 then go play the no limit and let my chips sit there. I will lose a few chips while I am gone but hopefully I will build up early and on breaks from the NL event. Here is my logic. 1 of 2 things are gonna happen in the NL event. Either I stay in and do great and move up the money ladder and I sacrifice the limit event and 1500 and that would be great or I lose my chips which can easily happen in one cooler or bad beat and Im in my best event. I figure its worth it and Im red hot and my confidence is high, so lets ride it out......

Ok, going to bed hoping for a deep run in one of the events (hopefully the NL).

Thanks
DB