Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Day 2

Well my day started off pretty crappy as I went to play in the 1500 PL Holdem event. I played about 20 minutes and outlasted 2 of my 3 housemates, as Ray and Jimmy made earlier exits than me. I came home recharged, watched Fight Club on the theatre and then went back to my own Fight Club the Rio for the 3k HORSE event. For those who dont know what HORSE is it is a 5 game mix. We play 8 hands of each game and then start at the begining. The games are Limit Holdem, Omaha 8 or better (high low split), Razz (worst 7 cards win, its a 7 card stud game), Seven Card Stud high only, and Eight or better (7 card stud hi low split). Here is the benefit of me playing HORSE, I am competant in all 5 games, so Im not at a huge disadvantage. Here is the downside, my best games by far are holdem and omaha and they play the quickest and holdem probably plays the smallest. Im not a fan of the 7 card stud games, but in this mix its ok.

So I sit down at my table and look around and no doubt I have one of the softest tables in the room. I quickly built my chips from 9k start to 16k which is great since these are all limit games they start out small at the begining. These players didnt realize I was not messing around and they continued to pay me off. I really was concentrating especially in the non holdem games trying to not make mistakes and in holdem I was super aggressive because non of them were holdem players and they let me. So the day goes on and I dont get a ton of hands, butI manage to slowly build my stack throughout the day. I go up every break and I end the night with 31000. Avg chips at this point is about 19k. The problem is the blinds and the limits go up so big so fast that I can only lose a few hands before I will be in critical shape or out.

My plan is to come in and do the same thing I did today. Play pretty tight in the stud games and pick my spots well. I started making moves in the stud games at the end of the day, but that was after i had my opponents figured out. The key for me is to establish an image then expoit it. Im really looking forward to day 2, Im hoping for 1st cash then final table and ultimately the bracelet.

Thanks for reading and GL me!